Guess who will be elected the latest member of the United Nations’ Human Rights Council on May 20? That’s right: Syria.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has no comment on Syria’s fitness for the Council, other than to say that its selection is “for other member states to decide.” Anne Bayefsky comments: “[T]he question for the Obama administration is not how do we keep Syria out, but why is the United States in [the Human Rights Council]?”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell