Guess who will be elected the latest member of the United Nations’ Human Rights Council on May 20? That’s right: Syria.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has no comment on Syria’s fitness for the Council, other than to say that its selection is “for other member states to decide.” Anne Bayefsky comments: “[T]he question for the Obama administration is not how do we keep Syria out, but why is the United States in [the Human Rights Council]?”
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell