The other day I unloaded here on John Edwards, calling him “one of the most repulsive human beings who ever foisted himself on our political life.” A few folks thought I was being perhaps a bit strong with that characterization, though not necessarily wrong. But who knew that Anthony Weiner was standing just offstage ready to challenge for the crown. John points below to Weiner’s savage attack of Jonathan Karl of ABC News. This video alone not only ought to disqualify Weiner from politics for ever, but it also, in my mind, would justify Karl smacking Weiner in the nose.
Every now and then I summon up Will Rogers’s famous comment that he “never met a man I didn’t like,” and then imagine him meeting someone like Weiner.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell