The key to a magic trick is distraction: the magician tries to draw his audience’s attention to some irrelevant place while he executes his trick elsewhere. A politician with a lousy record is much like an amateur magician. He tries to get his audience, voters, to focus on something–anything!–other than his record in office. That is the mode that Barack Obama is in these days, as manifested by his monomaniacal dedication to the Buffett Ploy. Michael Ramirez puts Obama’s effort at distraction in context:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell