Our friends at Real Clear Politics are convinced that Mondale wins going away; the Trunk seems to agree. Maybe, but I’m not so sure. Mondale has been out of public life for eighteen years and is not very well known to a whole generation of voters. I agree he’ll carry the geriatric set, but Wellstone would have done that too. A lot depends on how much Wellstone’s negative ads have hurt Coleman. From a standing start, I think Coleman would beat Mondale. Most voters are ready for a new generation of leadership, I think. Anyway, I could be crazy, but I’m not so sure Mondale will run better than Wellstone would have, and if he doesn’t it’s anyone’s race.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell