More on the Louisiana Senate race from the Washington Times. Governor Foster, who had threatened to back Mary Landrieu, has now come out for Suzanne Terrell because he “feels an obligation to support the President.” Think maybe he got a call from the White House? Other Republicans are also falling into line, and a new Terrell ad is running statewide. This is going to be a race. If I am not mistaken, Louisiana has never in its history elected a Republican to the Senate. If Terrell, with very little experience and no unusual appeal, breaks that record, it will be another indication that most of what passed for conventional wisdom pre-September 11 is now obsolete.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell