The U.N. weapons inspectors “will report tomorrow that Iraq has been developing a ballistic missile that is in clear violation of UN restrictions.” The London Times says that this discovery of a banned weapons system “is tantamount to the inspectors finding a ‘smoking gun.'”
Just a few weeks ago, wouldn’t this have been big news? At that time opponents of the war purported to base their opposition on the absence of evidence of breaches of U.N. resolutions by Iraq. Now, as Iraq’s denials have crumbled, few opponents of the war seem to have changed their minds. Increasingly it seems that opposing “war” is an end in itself.
The same London Times article says that American efforts to promote abdication by Saddam have intensified.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell