This news item is interesting, but it is impossible to know what to make of it. Apparently some illegal immigrants who worked for tenants of the Sears Tower have been arrested by federal authorities on account of “security concerns.” No information about the number arrested, countries of origin, etc. The Sears Tower has long been a rumored target of terrorist threats, to the point where I believe it has become an issue in securing tenants.
The arrests were denounced as “outrageous” by the usual suspects, but given that those arrested were apparently all here illegally, it’s hard to see how they can complain. The late, great Sonny Bono was once asked for his “position” on illegal immigration. He looked puzzled–“My position? What do you mean, my position? It’s illegal.” That’s my position, too.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill