Following up on Berlusconi’s “Nazi” controversy, an Italian undersecretary has denounced Germans as “hypernationalistic blondes” and “arrogant invaders of Italy’s beaches.” Germany’s Economy and Labour Minister characterized the Italian official’s comments as “reckless and outrageous for [their] absurdity and idiocy.” The German newspaper Bild was not so tactful, responding with an ethnic insult: ”Has the undersecretary got spaghetti for brains?”
It’s good to see that European integration is proceeding on schedule.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill