he and Robert Kagan have written a new Weekly Standard piece advocating the allocation of more troops, money and civilian personnel to Iraq. Kristol and Kagan argue that “this is the time to bite the bullet and pay the price. Next spring, if disaster looms, it will be harder. And it may be too late. . . .Success in Iraq is within our reach. But there are grounds to fear that on the current trajectory, we won’t get there. The president knows that failure in Iraq is intoleratble. Now is the time to act decisively to prevent it.”
The article seems persuasive to me. Too much depends on the situation in Iraq to hold anything back at this critical juncture.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell