Warren Zevon is dead at 56. He died yesterday in Los Angeles of an untreatable cancer that I believe was mesothelioma. The AP obituary says it was lung cancer and ascribes the disease to his smoking history, both of which I think are incorrect. Hey, what can you expect? They only had six months to get the facts straight.
Zevon was a fine songrwriter and performer who comported himself with great dignity after he announced his fatal illness. His new recording “The Wind” is an extended reflection on his impending death (including a knockout version of Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”) with many guest artists who came to pay their respects to Zevon through the music . RIP.
Above is the cover of the compact disc. Click here for the Washington Post’s take on “The Wind” from yesterday’s paper, written before Zevon died.
UPDATE: Here is a somewhat more accurate obituary available through Yahoo. The obituary implies a link between mesothelioma and cigarette smoking, but this is simply false.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- "Green" Energy Is Sinister
- The Washington Post Lies About a Conservative Journalist
- The Omar-Tlaib circus comes to town
- Liberal hypocrisy over Netanyahu's relationships with American presidents
- Trump "not happy" with Fox News because its polls show him losing
- Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren lie about the Michael Brown case
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell