The Boston Globe reports that John Kerry will be performing on the guitar at a fundraiser tomorrow night. Techno music star Moby is the draw. Tickets for the gig, marketed to young professionals, range from $75 to $100.
The Globe notes that in 1996 Kerry was feted by a group of baby boom all-stars: Joe Walsh; Crosby, Stills and Nash; and Peter, Paul and Mary (who called the senator “our own magic dragon”). I’m not sure whether the transition from Crosby, Stills and Nash to Moby marks a shrinking in the senator’s base of support, the senator’s desire to appear hip at the age of 59, or the senator’s effort to broaden his base among the follicularly challenged. Perhaps all three. Below is a photo of Moby (dated yesterday) from the gentleman’s Web site. He calls the photo “Waiting For Aliens.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell