ABC News is reporting that, according to an unnamed source, Judge Edith Clement is not President Bush’s Supreme Court choice. So I guess we’ll all have to tune in and see what happens.
UPDATE: If you want rumors, we’ve got ’em. The latest is that the source of the report that Clement is not the nominee is Clement herself, via one of her clerks. Plus, Michael Luttig and his family are rumored to be in Washington. Take it for what it’s worth, which is most likely nothing.
Hugh Hewitt has staged a coup and commandeered a six-hour time slot tonight to talk about Bush’s nominee. I will be on Hugh’s show at around 10:00 central time, along with the Trunk, if he’s available. I had printed off a bunch of stuff about Judge Clement to read in anticipation of her nomination, but now I guess I’ll recycle it.
DEACON adds: I’m in the same boat, being tentatively scheduled to talk about the nominee tomorrow morning on Brian Lehrer’s show on WNYC in New York at around 10:20 eastern time. I’ve put aside the Clement opinions for now.
My understanding is that the White House put Clement’s name out last night and gave various groups the opportunity for final comment. It received a fair amount of negative feedback from conservatives.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- "Green" Energy Is Sinister
- The Washington Post Lies About a Conservative Journalist
- The Omar-Tlaib circus comes to town
- Liberal hypocrisy over Netanyahu's relationships with American presidents
- Trump "not happy" with Fox News because its polls show him losing
- Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren lie about the Michael Brown case
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell