Mark Steyn takes stock of the terror four years on. His conclusion — “the war is being won — in Afghanistan, Iraq, the broader Middle East and many other places where America has changed the conditions on the ground in its favor.” On the other hand, “the war about the war” is being lost which, I suppose, does not bode well for the war itself.
Steyn also offers this definition of a moderate westernized Muslim, U.K. style: “He wants stoning for adultery to be introduced in Liverpool, but. . .it’s not such a priority that he’s prepared to fly a plane into a skyscraper.” Our moderation, by contrast, consists of considering the flying of a plane into a skyscraper as a “tragic event.”
Via Real Clear Politics.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill