No, not the Syrians or the Iranians — CNN. Reversing under duress its policy with regard to the western media, Hezbollah brought CNN to the Beirut suburbs for a quicky tour of the destruction Israel has inflicted. Actually it was a running tour. Hezbollah’s communications director, a yound guy named Nabulsi (I think), raced around the rubble with Nic Robertson following. Nabulsi paused only (and briefly) to tell the CNN cameraman where to shoot and to express breathless defiance towards Israel. These guys are supposed to be media saavy, but what I got out of this Monty Pythonesque routine (and the decision to stage it) was a clear sense of panic on Hezbollah’s part.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell