…the latest round of Mason-Dixon polls looks pretty good for the Republicans, at least in the Senate: Allen down one, Talent down one, Steele down three, Corker up twelve, Chafee up one, DeWine down six, which is not great, but a big improvement. If you give any credence at all to the conventional wisdom that the Republicans’ GOTV effort is worth at least a couple of points, all of these races, except probably DeWine’s, are winnable.
This round contains bad news for Santorum and Bouchard, neither of whom has made much headway if Mason-Dixon is right on those races. But generally, the results show movement in the Republicans’ direction. Likewise with the ABC/Washington Post poll, which has President Bush with a 43% approval rating and the Democrats ahead by only six in the generic Congressional preference ballot. I don’t believe this one, but it shows how much leeway there is in pollsters’ methods. Whereever you live, vote on Tuesday.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell