The London Times reports that Israel is drawing up plans for a strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities that would set the Iranian nuclear program back indefinitely. The strike supposedly would use small nuclear weapons to break through the concrete and rock protecting Iran’s underground facilities.
The Times’ article purports to be based on information from Israeli and American sources. So the obvious question is, what lies behind the apparent leaks? Are they sanctioned by the Israeli government, perhaps with a view toward deterring Iran’s further weapons development? Do they come from renegade sources who want pressure brought to bear on the Israelis not to carry out a military mission? Or are the leaks some other kind of misdirection intended to confuse Iran?
I have absolutely no idea. But the Israeli sources quoted by the Times say that the Mossad believes Iran may have nuclear weapons within two years. So events may be moving toward a crisis.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill