On Saturday, I noted a story in the London Times to the effect that Israel is planning a mini-nuclear strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities. Yesterday, Scott noted that Pajamas Media has cast considerable doubt on the story, while wondering why it wouldn’t be a good idea. If today’s press conference by Tony Snow is any guide, skepticism about the story is warranted:
SCOTT adds: The reporter asking the question doesn’t seem to have read the story; he can’t do any more than refer to “sources” when Tony asks him what the story was based on. The London Times article cites unnamed “Israeli military sources,” which is a little more specific than that, and I don’t doubt that those sources provided the story to the Times, that the Israeli military has “drawn up plans” along the lines described in the story or that the sources had a serious purpose in leaking the story.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell