Mitt Romney is poised to pick-up the endorsement of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, according to the Politico blog. Hastert may be more of a barometer than a trend-setter. They don’t come much more mainstream, middle-American conservative than Denny Hastert. But the Politico also argues that Hastert commands considerable good-will within the House GOP Conference, and thus should help Romney’s outreach to Republican House members.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill