John Edwards continues his effort to carve out a niche as the Democratic contender who will kowtow most cravenly to leftist bloggers. First, he kept on two over-the-top leftist bloggers even after they had been revealed as anti-Catholic bigots. Now he’s agreed under pressure to boycott a Fox News candidates’ debate in Nevada.
As president, would Edwards take his cue for which media outlets to boycott from the Daily Kos and either inhabitants of the far left? Fortunately, I don’t think we’ll find out.
It will be interesting to see how Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama react. Presumably, they will be reluctant to leave Edwards in a position to claim for himself the affections of the so-called netroots. But Hillary has no chance with that cadre anyway; following Edwards’ lead can’t help her. And it will be difficult to run as a national unifier, and thereby compete effectively for independent votes with the likes of Giuliani or McCain, if you’ve boycotted Fox News under pressure from the left.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell