Looking over a list of troops recently killed in Afghanistan, I noticed the name of 21 year-old SPC Justin Pellerin of Boscawen, New Hampshire. The town of Boscawen has special meaning to me, though I’ve only been there twice.
The first time was in 1969 when I was incarcerated in the Merrimack County jail for anti-war protest activity. The second time was in November 2007 when I visited the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery with the McCain campaign. Sen. McCain delivered a speech for Veterans Day. Perhaps SPC Pellerin was present
The mission of the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery is to “convey peace through natural beauty” and thereby to “provide a dignified final resting place to honor all veterans and eligible dependents which expresses the State’s gratitude for their service to the country.”
I assume that this beautiful, peaceful site will be the final resting place for SPC Pellerin.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill