Which modern, living American public figure has consistently taken wrongheaded positions and, in doing so caused serious harm, over the longest period of time? The question is too easy, so let me rephrase it. Which modern American public figure other than Jimmy Carter has consistently taken wrongheaded positions and, in doing so caused serious harm, over the longest period of time?
Dennis Ross is a good candidate. He has a 20 year record of being wrong and, more than intermittenly, causing damage. Then there’s John Kerry. He’s been wrong about nearly everything since he returned from Vietnam 40 years or so ago. But there have always been limits on the damage Kerry, as a U.S. Senator, can inflict.
When you consider his longevity and the executive positions he has held, I think that Jerry Brown, if the good people of California elect him governor again, may be able to jump to the head of the non-Carter class by the end of his term.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill