Josh Block writes that fantasies of a liberal Arab Spring are distracting from a place where Iran, with the support of its Syrian ally, has successfully exported the Islamic Revolution. While we twiddle our thumbs and hope the Muslim Brotherhood doesn’t take over Egypt, Tehran is busy consolidating power in Beirut and taking over Lebanon. Josh cites his own Foreign Policy Magazine article of last fall for background on today’s report that Hezbollah dominates Lebanon’s new cabinet. Is anyone beside Ileana Ros-Lehtinen paying attention?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell