The comically named (but humor-challenged) White House spokesperson Josh Earnest beclowned himself a few days ago with the remark that we’re in a “war of narratives” with ISIS. Actually, he may be on to something. We may well be able to defeat ISIS by unleashing English lit majors on them. One whiff of postmodern narrative jargon from a poet laureate of Bennington College might well reduce the most hardened jihadist to madness, or make 8th century cave-dwelling look pretty good after all. Meanwhile, the real narrative war is happening on the streets of Charlotte. Facts? Who needs facts? The Narrative is the important thing. Oh yeah, Hillary is still on the ballot. Somehow.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Clinton security detail also considered Hillary a nasty woman
- What's Up With the Polls?
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Not rigged, thrown: Bill Campenni comments
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell