Time for another periodic nerdgasm.
• It’s a miracle! Biden becomes president and COVID hospitalizations begin to decline!
• This chart explains all you need to know about why our elites love the lockdowns. Think of them maybe as “Baby Zoomers.”
• Consumer sentiment still stinks. But notice in the second one that Democrat consumers are suddenly ebullient, probably because they’ve already made plans to spend their $2000 Biden Bucks.
Meanwhile, people are sitting on a lot of cash.
• Early warning on inflation?
• Another interesting footnote to the election results:
• Trump’s China policy may have been erratic and arguably counterproductive in a few instances, but overall it looks like it achieved its intended result:
• This chart tells us a lot about why economics as a discipline is arguably moving backwards (along with political science):
• I have no idea if this chart is for real or not, but it seems sensible.
Turns out there are lots of these, such as:
Actually I’m not so sure this is spurious, since I often feel like drowning myself after suffering through a Nicholas Cage movie.