Garment’s autobiography, Crazy Rhythm is a classic. Trunk, my memory easily runs back to the Nixon administration. As leftists at the time, Rocket Man and I viewed “Tricky Dick” as entirely evil. Although I no longer hold that view, I must admit that, at every stage of my progession to the right, I have continued to dislike Nixon and his presidency. A wise conservative, not bothered by Watergate, once told me that there were only two things wrong with the Nixon administration — its foreign policy and its domestic policy. Regardless, Nixon remains one of the truly fascinating figures of the last century.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell