Garment’s autobiography, Crazy Rhythm is a classic. Trunk, my memory easily runs back to the Nixon administration. As leftists at the time, Rocket Man and I viewed “Tricky Dick” as entirely evil. Although I no longer hold that view, I must admit that, at every stage of my progession to the right, I have continued to dislike Nixon and his presidency. A wise conservative, not bothered by Watergate, once told me that there were only two things wrong with the Nixon administration — its foreign policy and its domestic policy. Regardless, Nixon remains one of the truly fascinating figures of the last century.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- In search of an honest liberal
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell