The Washington Post on the “war dilemma’” facing Democratic presidential hopefuls. Dan Balz captures the dilemma nicely: “The Democratic candidates are struggling to balance their desire to appeal to next year’s primary voters — a majority of whom oppose going to war with Iraq — and their determination to establish their credentials as future commanders in chief, and their own records urging action to confront the Iraqi leader.” Yes, I can see how it would be a struggle to balance these desires. No wonder John Kerry and his rivals end up sounding like hack lawyers.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell