Last fall we watched with dismay as Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee did a number on Miguel Estrada, President Bush’s outstanding nominee to the United States Court of Appeals. Now, the Washington Post, which called Estrada’s confirmation an easy decision, reports that the Judiciary Committee has approved Estrada’s nomination by 10-9 vote on pure party lines. The nomination will go to the full Senate, where Democrats will continue their smear campaign. What is Estrada’s sin? As Senator Schumer explains it in the Post article, Estrada hasn’t provided enough information to validate Democratic suspicions that he is “outside of the mainstream.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell