Rocket Man, I feel your pain. Like you, I believe (and said at the time) that Bush was ill-advised to take the U.N. detour. However, I don’t see it as a presidency-breaker. Sullivan, I think, is largely correct that most of the present farce will be forgotten if the war goes well. The one thing that will not easily be forgotten is the duplicity of France and Germany. That is the silver lining in the dark cloud that currently is blocking out the light.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell