To my mild surprise, during the past few months the Washington Post editorial board has weighed in forcefully on the side of taking military action to overthrow Saddam Hussein. We have posted a number of these pieces. The Post’s liberal readers are not amused, however, as is clear from this editorial in which the Post defends itself against charges by readers that it is leading “a jingoistic rush to war.” A less pompous newspaper might have brushed off this ridiculous charge in two paragraphs. The Post feels the need to dedicate its entire editorial page, which usually carries three different pieces, to responding. The product, though, is another solid effort, one that will no doubt further disappoint or enrage the majority of the paper’s subscribers.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell