Tony Blankley in the Washington Times wonders whether France should still be considered part of the civilized world. His logic is as follows: (1) The danger to the civilized world of weapons of mass destruction falling into terrorist hands is unconditional; (2) Any nation that is an agent for such transfers is, objectively, a threat to the civilized world; (3) France has sold atomic technology to states that are likely conduits to terrorists; (4) France may well continue to do so. The first three propositions are indisputable, it seems to me. The fourth is hardly far-fetched.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell