I’m getting ready to hit the road again, so I may not be posting for a few days. This is a bad time to be away from one’s family, but a good time to be away from Washington, D.C. As I type these words, some guy with a megaphone is shrilly addressing peace demonstrators assemble at Dupont Circle. I can’t make out exactly what he’s saying, but I hear the phrase “hijacked the White House” and the word “fascist.” In Reading, Pennsylvania, where I’m headed, one doesn’t hear these sorts of things. The patriotic feeling there is palpable, as I’m sure it is in most places, but not here in the Nation’s Capital.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell