Mona Charen in the Washington Times explains why the road map to peace will likely lead to a dead-end. She notes that the new prime minister, Abu Mazen, is a long-time Arafat deput “who has a tenuous grasp on power and no democratic legitimacy.” Moreover, Mazen has said that the final Camp David meeting, where the Palestinians rejected enormous concessions beyond which no Israeli government is likely to go, presented no opportunity for peace. And he insists on the so-called “right of return” for Palestinians, which would lead to the influx of millions of hostile Palestinians and thus kill the Israeli state.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell