Charles Krauthammer assesses our chances of winning the “car bomb war” being waged against us in Iraq. He notes that car bombs are the nuclear weapon of guerilla warfare and proved decisive in Lebanon. This time, Krauthammer thinks, the car bomb war “consists of a race.” That is, “he United States is racing to build up Iraqi police and armed forces capable of taking over the country’s security — before the Saddam loyalists and their jihadist allies can produce that single, Beirut-like car bomb that so discourages Americans (and Iraqis) that we withdraw in disarray.”
Who wins? According to Krauthammer “if this president remains in power, the likelihood is that we do.” But Krauthammer doesn’t address whether Bush will remain in power in the aftermath of a pre-November 2004 major car bomb success.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell