A substantial number of women are present in nearly every picture I see of Iraqis lined up to vote. This makes me think of Fern Holland. Fern was a lawyer (and my opposing counsel in a labor law case) who went to Iraq on behalf of the State Department to promote women’s political empowerment. Terrorists killed Fern a year ago. Today we are seeing the fruits of her labor.
Most Read on Power Line
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell