A substantial number of women are present in nearly every picture I see of Iraqis lined up to vote. This makes me think of Fern Holland. Fern was a lawyer (and my opposing counsel in a labor law case) who went to Iraq on behalf of the State Department to promote women’s political empowerment. Terrorists killed Fern a year ago. Today we are seeing the fruits of her labor.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell