Slate provides profiles of eight leading prospects for the next Supreme Court vacancy: Michael Luttig, John Roberts, Emilio Garza, Michael McConnell, Alberto Gonzales, J. Harvie Wilkinson, Edith Brown Clement, and Samuel Alito. With the exception of Gonzales, all of these candidates strike me as good or excellent choices. For what it’s worth, Luttig is my first choice, given his age (only 51) and long record as a solidly conservative judge.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell