Last month I wrote that, in Cindy Sheehan, the left has “a new horse to ride for a while.” That “while” may be drawing to a close. Bill Sammon in the Washington Times reports that “powerful liberal advocacy groups such as MoveOn.org are taking a less active role in Cindy Sheehan’s anti-war activities.” Sammon’s piece suggests that it is Sheehan’s camp that is moving away from MoveOn.org in order to appear more “grass-roots.” The truth, I suspect, is that with Sheehan fading badly neither the horse nor the rider has much use for the other. As to which is the greater embarrassment, that race is neck-and-neck.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell