The Los Angeles Times supports the confirmation of John Roberts. It’s the paper’s endorsement, more than anything substantive it says, that’s of interest. But there is this priceless line: “Roberts is, admittedly, no William Brennan.” It’s difficult to fool the L.A. Times.
Notwithstanding Roberts’ endorsement by such liberal organs as the Washington Post and L.A. Times, Senate Minority “Leader” Reid reportedly will follow the command of his masters, the left-wing special interest groups, and vote against confirmation.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell