Michael Steele’s campaign wants to make something of a comment by Rep. Steny Hoyer, who during a campaign speech on behalf of Steele’s opponent said that Steele has “a career of slavishly supporting the Republican Party.” Come on. This word is used all the time in politics to attack those who support a particular line. Let’s not draw any inferences from ordinary usage of the English language.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell