There may have been a worthwhile U.N. Secretary General since Dag Hammarskjold, but none comes to mind. Nor does the latest Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon, look promising. Following the lead of his corrupt predecessor Kofi Annan, Ban reportedly has declared that the Israeli-Palestinian issue is at the core of solving all the problems in the Middle East. How the Israeli-Palestinian issue is causing or even contributing to, for example, the Sunni-Shia strife in Iraq, Syria’s quest to domininate Lebanon, or Iran’s desire to become the region’s super power remains, as always, unexplained.
By the way, did anyone else notice that Saddam’s last rant called for death to the Persians and the Americans, not to the Jews or the Israelis?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell