That was the politically incorrect question posed by Lt. Cmdr. Erik Horner of our Navy in response to the surrender by 15 British sailors in Iraqi waters to Iranian forces. Diana West argues all-too plausibly that the answer has much to do with modern British (and presumably Western) culture. Our culture war isn’t just about our culture; in a world this dangerous, it may also be about our survival.
To comment on this post, go here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell