Bill Otis at the ACRU blog has launched a Dictionary of Poltical Correctness. Here are some of the first few entries:
Multiculturalism – Multiculturalism is a big word meaning, “The West stinks.” The shorthand version is, “America stinks.” Under multiculturalism, George Washington, a slave-owning white male with no accomplishments of note, is out, and Che Guevara, an anti-imperialist leader, is in.
Verbal violence – Verbal violence is a statement a liberal doesn’t like but has trouble refuting analytically. Thus, if you say that hard-edged feminism is at odds with traditional families — the kind in which children usually do best — this is “verbal violence” against women, and you have to sit in the corner (or sit out the next semester, or attend the sensitivity class, etc.).
Bill has entertained me for years with this brand of insightful humor. Now he belongs to the blogosphere.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Obama's surge
- Those lyin' Dems, by the numbers
- Poll shows "war on women" theme isn't working, among other good news
- Anne Kuster's ghoulish pro-choice rally [UPDATED]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell