My “Find the Scandal” post produced some enlightening feedback. From an EPA employee, I learned that EPA Administrator Steve Johnson, the one under criticism for not deferring to career bureaucrats, is himself the first career bureaucrat to become Administrator of that agency. I’m told, Johnson started his EPA career when Jimmy Carter was President, and was a political appointee under Bill Clinton.
This helps explain, I think, why EPA staffers thought that former administrator Bill Reilly could talk so arrogantly to Johnson (
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell