We’ve been very critical of Erroll Southers, President Obama’s nominee to head the Transportation Security Agency. He engaged in severe misconduct as an FBI agent 20 plus years ago and did not testify accurately or ( in my view) candidly about that misconduct during his confirmation hearings. He also showed himself to be clueless when he stated in 2008 that America is subject to terror attacks because of its alliances with countries like Israel and France. And there were concerns about his unwillingness to answer in clear fashion the question of whether he would support collective bargaining for TSA workers.
Today comes word that Southers has withdrawn his name from consideration for the top TSA job. Sen. DeMint deserves special recognition for the demise of Southers’ nomination. It was DeMint who placed a hold on the nomination, thus slowing the process down long enough for other Senators to take a closer look.
DeMint drew heavy criticism at the time on the pretext that TSA urgently needs a new head. But heavy criticism has never slowed DeMint down.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- What Carly can do: Quotable quotes
- What Carly can do
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
- Kerry refuses to commit to follow U.S. law on sanctions
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell