Obamacare isn’t exactly playing to rave reviews in Flordia. According to a Mason-Dixon poll, only 34 percent of Florida voters support the new law, while 54 percent are against it. Seniors seem somehow not to appreciate seeing Medicare slashed; they oppose Obamacare by a margin of 66-25. Independents are not much more impressed; they oppose it by a margin of 62-34.
President Obama is also none too popular among Floridians. Those who view him negatively outnumber those who view him favorably by a margin of 15 percentage points.
These poll results seem to spell trouble for Rep. Kendrick Meek, the Democratic candidate for the Senate in Florida. However, the seat in question is the one formerly held by Republican Mel Martinez, so the Republicans won’t get a pick-up in this contest.
However, Democratic Reps. Allen Boyd, Suzanne Kosmas and the insufferable Alan Grayson all are vulnerable, especially if the Mason-Dixon poll numbers hold up. And there may be other potential gains to be had in Florida if the environment is as bad for Dems as these numbers suggest.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- Trump likely to move Britain to the front of the queue
- Trump meets with Judge Pryor as rumored "short list" emerges
- Britain sticks up for Israel: Is this the Trump effect?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell