On Friday, I wrote about Rep. Walt Minnick, the Democrat who represents Idaho’s first congressional district. Minnick is a “blue dog” Democrat whose votes against Obamacare and the stimulus caused the Tea Party Express to endorse him for re-election during the primary season.
But since then, Minnick has refused to support the repeal of Obamacare and refused to say that he will not support Nancy Pelosi as his party’s leader in the next Congress. Accordingly, last week the Tea Party Express withdrew its support for Minnick and endorsed his Republican opponent, Raul Labrador.
Now comes word that Minnick, who had been leading Labrador by 10 points, at present leads him only by 3, which is less than the poll’s margin of error. The poll was taken late last week, and I can’t tell whether the Tea Party Express’ decision around the same time to endorse Labrador had any impact on it.
In any event, with the tea party movement now involved in the race on Labrador’s side, and with independents constituting most of the undecideds, it seems clear that Minnick is in trouble.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- Netanyahu: The UN is a moral farce
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell