The latest Maryland poll, commissioned by the Baltimore Sun and the Bethesda Gazette, shows the state’s two key races “too close to call.” Democrat Kathleen Kennedy Townsend leads Bob Ehrlich 45-43 in the gubernatorial race. In my congressional district, Democrat Chris Van Hollen leads Republican incumbent Connie Morella 43-40. Morella’s campaign says that its internal poll puts her ahead by a margin of 48-42. Morella has much more money left to spend than Van Hollen does. However, my guess right now is that the reconfiguration of the district by the Democrats, coupled with the polarized political climate, will see Morella lose in this overwhelmingly liberal district.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell