Worldwide hatred against the United States, whipped up by political and religious leaders and other demagogues, has been manifested in anti-American demonstrations that have taken place in dozens of countries over the last twenty-four hours. It is impossible to say what percentage of the world’s people share these hateful views, but it is obvious that a great many do.
This one is in Yemen; the crowd is stomping a burning effigy of President Bush.
This one is on the French-German border.
This one is in Ankara, Turkey. Note the Che Guevara signs.
This one is at a stadium in Cairo. The U.S. is the monster.
Pakistanis burn the flag.
The West Bank
And finally, another nude protest–one of the largest I’ve seen–in Australia.
It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the rise of Islamofascism has, directly and indirectly, loosed demons on a scale that has not been seen since the 1930’s. What do you think, guys? Is that too pessimistic an assessment?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell