This morning, Republicans Steve King and Michele Bachmann (there may be other sponsors too) introduced legislation to repeal Obamacare.
Mark Tapscott points out how deep a hole the Democrats have to climb out of to get the public on board with government medicine, based on CNN polling over the weekend:
* 59% oppose the Democrats’ health care bill, while only 39% favor it.
* 70% say the federal budget deficit will go up under the Democrats’ health care bill; only 12% believe it will go down.
* 56% say the bill creates “too much government involvement in the nation’s health care system,” 28% say about the right amount, while 16% say not enough.
* 62% say they’ll pay more for medical care under the Democrats’ health care bill.
* 47% say they and their families will be worse off under the Democrats’ health care bill; 33% say things will be about the same, and only 19% think they’ll be better off.