One of today’s fronts in the Left’s war on Charles and David Koch, not to mention Governor Scott Walker and the conservative movement generally, was a hoax call that a liberal blogger made to Governor Walker. The hoaxer introduced himself as David Koch, and, after holding for a considerable time, was put through to the governor. This was not great staff work, obviously. Liberals are crowing about this successful hoax–fine. But is there any point? Did Walker say anything embarrassing?
No. The recording is actually rather endearing. Walker comes across as a consummate wonk. The hoaxer makes only a couple of off-the-wall comments, and Walker makes none. On the contrary, Walker’s reasonableness generally causes the hoaxer to be far more rational than, one suspects, is his norm. Beyond that, as Ann Althouse and others have pointed out, it is apparent from the recording that Governor Walker is not personally acquainted with David Koch, although he obviously is aware of him as a political supporter.
Here is the recorded conversation, in two ten minute segments. There is nothing in it that reflects badly on Governor Walker. It is remarkable, really, that the Left was able to eavesdrop on Walker for 20 minutes, and they only caught him being the same principled, ethical leader that we see in public.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Socialist Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- The Marches For Democrats, As Reported By Liberal Media
- Macron and Le Pen are one-two in France [UPDATED]
- Trump Administration to Follow Through On "Dumb Deal" Re Illegal Refugees
- The Associated Press Interviews President Trump
- Israel strikes pro-Assad militia in Syria
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell